Join the NHEA
To join NHEA, please review the following NHEA Code of Ethics, then complete the form below.
Please Note: You must be a client of our approved payroll provider – GTM Payroll Services – to offer retirement benefits for your employees through the NHEA.
NHEA Code of Ethics
NHEA believes in the institution of professional best practices for household employment and therefore has developed the following NHEA Code of Ethics for Members:
Members agree to:
- Know and abide by all local, state and federal labor and employment laws
- Write work agreements clearly and concisely and discuss with their employee before signing
- Be professional and courteous with their employee
- Foster open communication with their employee
- Keep all their employee documents in a safe place
- Establish household policies and procedures at the beginning of the relationship
- Pay their employee legally by abiding by federal, state and local payroll tax and wage laws
- Understand employer and employee household employment tax obligations
- Investigate employee benefits in the best interest of their employee
- Institute a safety policy for their home/workplace and regularly review it with their employee
- Access to group Retirement benefits for your household employees.
- 25% discount on Household HR documents
- Free digital copy of “How to Hire a Nanny: Your Complete Guide to Finding, Hiring, and Retaining Household Help” by Guy Maddalone